Saturday, April 28, 2007

Outta Control

Okay, I did attend the Swan meeting a few weeks ago. And, it was the start of something BIG. First, Emie Bishop was there to tell us all about her latest sampler. And, she mentioned that several of her charts are near extinction... so, I whipped out the checkbook and ordered three charts.

Then, I heard there was just one more silk kit for Spanish Wine, just a few miles away... and you know I've wanted to join in on this. Lynn was her usual, helpful, enabler self. I didn't blink an eye before she had pulled out her cell and called Carolyn at the shop to reserve it for me. So, I trucked on over to The Craft Center after the meeting. Of course, I also picked up a few other things, and asked them to order the chart for me. The linen is 40 count vintage navy bean, and it arrived at about the same time I was able to pick up the chart last week. I'm itching to start this.

I had already ordered several Prairie Schooler charts from ES via their Hoffman sale, and the Sampler Sweet Bag chart by Nostalgic Needle to prep for the June Swan project. Of course, I decided that I should order the small skeins of AVAS to go with that project. When I picked up the Spanish Wine chart, I also saw several other things I've wanted for a little while. So, here's a bit more of my stash binge.

In total, I have added 19 new charts, two skeins of Gloriana silk (Schoolhouse Red and Cranberry), the Spanish Wine silk pack and Lakeside Linen, 13 small skeins of AVAS for the Sampler Sweet Bag, a cut of linen for the sweet bag and two odd skeins of overdyed cotton I needed. Whoa!

And, next Saturday I'll pick up my two kits by Ellen Chester at the May Swan meeting. I'm taking Ellen's "A Needleworker's Sampler Huswif" class, and have also ordered her "Friendship in Stitches" kit.

Methinks I need to go through my old stash and have a cleanout! Maybe? Maybe not. I sure am going to enjoy my summer.

Oh, and I added a new pic to the top of my blog. It's a wonderful lilac I have in my yard. I have four varieties of lilacs, and they're all blooming. I love spring too!

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Everything is so pretty! Love all the pictures.

I really like your blog, but for some reason there's not a feed for it? I tried to sub with bloglines and it won't let me. I wonder if somewhere in your set-up it's disabled.

Deb said...

OMG!! Love this, love this, love this stashing journaling trip you made! Wish I'd been with you on this binge, then we could have gone for a quick snack afterwards and home to look at eachother's stuff for the end of a fun day!! Keep up the good work! I'm putting you on my regular visitation blog list. And, thanks for visiting me with your fun comments, too!
Deb in FL

Michelle said...

Awesome stash! Is the Spanish Wine piece really going out of print?

Laura - StitchinManiac said...

I don't think the chart is going OOP. There was one silk pack left at my LNS, but they could always order more, I think. It's a great piece and I'm looking forward to starting it this weekend!

Stitching Cat said...

Great stash! How was your Swan Sampler class with Ellen Chester?

You've been tagged - read my blog! Sorry :) !

Deb in CT

Julie said...

I love the picture of your lilac. Lilacs and peonies are my favorite flowers.
I'm wondering, what do you do with your stash after you've downsized? I need to go through my patterns too and am wondering how others part with their patterns: trade, sell, Ebay, swap, etc.