Monday, May 14, 2007

I've been tagged!

Deb in CT tagged me. I do appreciate the opportunity to share a bit of info about myself. I'm actually pretty surprised that so many of you are taking the time to read what I have to say! So, here are eight random things about me, that you may not know:

1) I lived in Southern California until I was 14 and although I love the mountains, I still miss the ocean very much.
2) I built my garage by framing in my carport, with lots of help from friends.
3) I have only taken two stitching related classes: one by Cynthia Zitell of the Drawn Thread, and the other just recently with Ellen Chester of With My Needle.
4) I have four nieces and two nephews, and they're all close enough that I can spoil them.
5) I won the camp mermaid award at summer camp when I was 13. I spent a ton of time in the lake which was very cold!
6) I have been a camp director for over 200 girls, 12-18 years old. Of course, there were a lot of wonderful helpers that I worked with.
7) I enjoy cooking, and I'm pretty good at it, but not cleaning up! I can't bake very well though.
8) I have more power tools than most of my neighbors... the guys borrow from me all the time. I guess those elective classes I had to take in Junior High had something to do with it. I chose electronics, wood working, and drafting to go along with sewing and cooking class.

I think that most of the people I know that have blogs have already been tagged! So, I'm going to pass on the tagging part of this. I'm not much of a chain letter person either :). I'm really not a grinch... I promise.

3 comments:

Itching To Stitch said...

Hi, I've just come across your blog and loved reading some facts about you. I love the stash you have on your previous post, Spanish Wine looks like that would be a beautiful one to stitch up ;)

Stitching Cat said...

Thanks for the 8 random items. Interesting about the mermaid award!

I'm with you on the power tools! Sometimes I like them better than cooking - but I like to cook and really don't mind cleaning up MY mess when I'm cooking.

I received my Friends in Stitches kit from the Swans yesterday. Hope to start it soon.

How was your class with Ellen? I've taken 2 classes from her last year and found her to be a very interesting teacher.

Deb in CT

Lavender Rose said...

Deb in CT is by best stitching friend from years! She's so funny to tag you, but I'm glad she did so I could know more about you, Miss Mermaid!! Love your new stash!
Deb in FL